New Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Singles, dating and travel


Lately, I have been meeting people who have found their soul mate in the most unusual way. They didn't meet online in a chat room, nor did they meet on match.com or e-harmony. So, how did they meet their soul mate? Through travel of course. My friend, Craig, who is from Nebraska and his beautiful wife, who is from Sweden and was living in Sweden at the time, met in Cambodia. No, they weren't a tour together nor working, but were wandering around Cambodia. The couple is happily married and living today in Fort Collins.

Another friend, met her husband, on the plane. Yes, the plane. He was on a business trip and she was on her way home from one.

I recently came across this Princess Cruise press release where Tracey Pettit , met her future husband on a crusie. In her story, Pettit, from Rocklin, Calif., tells of meeting her husband while on a Christmas cruise to the Mexican Rivera aboard Regal Princess. “I was standing at the bar in the Bengal Lounge … and I turned to find a tall man with broad shoulders and bedroom eyes… twenty minutes later, as he walked out of the bar, I said to my sister “I’m going to marry that man. … it sounds ridiculous. It sounds like something that only happens in the movies. ”We feel very blessed to have met on a Princess ship, and we always tell people that we met on the Love Boat.”

On a personal, note, I dated a couple of different men that I met on the plane. I didn't find my soul mate but needless to say, but both were great guys. One even showed me the sights of NYC!

So, if you are tired of being single, and tried all the usual ways of dating, maybe its time to book a trip and explore the world....you never know who you will meet or what new experience you may encounter!

No comments:

Post a Comment